Friday, February 29, 2008

I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic

I'm a sucker for an acoustic guitar. I can't help it, there's just something about the emotions that seem to be related to that particular instrument. Anyway, as of late I have been listening to two musicians who write amazing songs and play acoustic guitar.

First up, is 21-year-old Chad Sugg, better known as Backseat Goodbye. This kid is amazing. He has self-released a couple of recordings and recently inked a distribution deal with The Militia Group. His first full-length album, Dressed Up Like Dreams, will be released April 29. He's also releasing a book of poetry called Monsters Under Your Head in May. The talent this boy possesses is insane. His voice is...unique and for some people takes a little getting used to. My personal favorite songs are Hey, Technicolor Eyes and My Favorite Color.


backseat goodbye "red balloon"

City and Colour is the other musician I've had on repeat as of late. City and Colour is Dallas Green of alexisonfire. He was featured on Absolutepunk.net a couple weeks back. His voice is haunting. He reminds me of Ryan Adams, if Ryan Adams was actually good. But seriously, not only does he have amazing delivery, he kinda reminds me of that nerdy cool guy everyone went to high school with.

Check out this video: City and Colour "Waiting..."

<



No comments: