Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Punk Goes Crunk

Photobucket

When I first heard this idea I was like "ugh", rockers doing rap didn't seem like the best idea in the world. Let's just say, on a few of the tracks I was right. The Devil Wears Prada for example, a screamo band doing rap= bad idea. The Maine did Akon's "I Wanna Love You", which first of all, is the radio edit, so it sounds bad, but The Maine's vocalist doesn't do justice to Akon's unique voice.
Hot Rod Circuit did a service to Snoop Dogg on his "Gin and Juice". They kept the stripped down feel of the song and kept true to the lyrics. Another favorite, Scary Kids Scaring Kids version of Notorious B.I.G and Bone, Thugs N Harmony's "Notorious Thugs".
Overall, I can't hate on the cd, but I think maybe half the songs shouldn't have been on there, simply because they aren't that well known or seem awkward when covered by a bunch of little white boys.

No comments: