Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pretty. Odd.

Panic at the Disco released their sophomore record Pretty. Odd. today and it's actually quite a catchy little pop record. I'm sure if you've seen any reviews you know that the boys of Panic are heavily influenced by the 60's and 70's this time around. We had the cd playing in the car and my mom said, "This is very Beatles-esque." That pretty much sums it up.

The only track which stands out in my mind is Northern Downpour. It's a rather simple song, but it's sooo poppy it gets stuck in my head. The entire album is a far cry from the record which made them a household name, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. Personally, I liked Fever more. It makes me think of dancing in the car in the summer time. Pretty. Odd. is a mellow, background soundtrack.

key tracks: Nine in the Afternoon, Northern Downpour, When the Day Met the Night


first single off Pretty. Odd. Nine in the Afternoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm not completely sold on this album, although I've only had time to listen to it once. I think it didn't help that I listened to Nine in the Afternoon a good deal before hearing the rest of the album. But I definately agree that Fever was a lot better than this one.